Sunday, February 24, 2008

Finding Your Identity in Christ

I am a single adult on an intense journey toward wholeness,
trying to make sense of a wonderful reality,
a tenderly outrageous gift called Grace,
modeled by a Galilean single adult who said,
“I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
- Harold Ivan Smith

What makes us special is the signature of God on our lives. - Max Lucado

There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. [They are all immortal.] - C.S. Lewis

God created everybody for a purpose. You were not born for the purpose of being married. To me, that’s an incident along the way that happens. There’s a deeper purpose for your being on this planet. And therefore you must discover the dream God put in your heart. Why did God give you life? There’s something He wants done on this earth that requires your life. So you were born, not to be a husband or a wife primarily, but to accomplish something God wants you to accomplish. - Dr. Myles Munroe

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried. - G. K. Chesterton

I am not who you think I am.
I am not who I think I am.
I am who God says I am and I can be, do, and have all that God has promised me—his favored child. - David Foster

What I felt most was a glob of unworthiness that I could not tie down to any concrete sin I was guilty of. What I needed more than pardon was a sense that God accepted me, owned me, held me, affirmed me, and would never let go of me even if He was not too much impressed with what he had on his hands. - Lewis Smedes

All we want in Christ, we shall find in Christ. If we want little, we shall find little. If we want much, we shall find much; but if, in utter helplessness, we cast our all on Christ, He will be to us the whole treasury of God. - Henry Benjamin Whipple

No comments: